St. Joseph's P.U.College, Bajpe

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Singing competition 2009-10




Our culture immerses us in music for hours each day and everyone knows how it touches our emotions – Music is a communicative activity which conveys to the listener, moods, emotions, thoughts, impressions and political concepts or positions. In simple language music is enjoyable –its makes us “feel good’’.
Singing competition for the year 2009 -10 was held on 11th July 2009 in the college auditorium. The response from students was satisfactory. The audience enjoyed the melodious tunes.
The following students were successful in obtaining places under given sections.

Light Music:-
1 Wilma I Arts
2 Pooja M.S. I Sci
3 Prajwal II JOC

Folk Song:-
1 B. Shreya S. I Com
2 Shrikripa I Com
3 Sujatha I Arts

Film Song: - Solo [Boys]
1 Mohammed Shariq I Joc
2 S. Mohammed Sohail I Com
3 Manzar I Com

Film Song –Solo [Girls]
1 Babitha m.saldana II Arts
2 Safeera zebeena II Com
2 Prathima II Com
3 Shilpa II Arts

Film Song [Group]:-
1
Geethan M Santhmayor II Com
Abdul latif
Jevan lobo
Joel pinto
Jaison squeira

2
Shilpa II Arts
Babitha molly saldanha
Jyothi d’souza
Wilma mathew
Sujatha
3
Likhitha I Sci
Pavithra
Nishmitha
Poornima
Shradha

The competition was organized by Sumangala Bai, Lecture in Biology. All the staff members co-operated in making the programme a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment